1.4.6, factions and smilies updates!

A place for old requests to be shelved once they're completed.

1.4.6, factions and smilies updates!

Postby Chrisknyfe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey everyone, I have a couple of things I want to announce and update you all on:

Minecraft 1.4.6 updates

There is no Bukkit 1.4.6 beta or recommended build yet, and the dev builds are extremely buggy. For now we haven't updated survival.flyingislands.net, so go ahead and play there as much as you like. Creative.flyingislands.net, however, is in the process of being updated using the 1.4.6 dev builds. Our very own Spin86 has been working hard to make sure all plugins are updated, since the latest version of bukkit breaks old builds.

We are doing our best to get our favorite servers up to 1.4.6, so for now, downgrade to 1.4.5 and go enjoy survival. Speaking of...

Factions changes

We may have caused you some confusion and inconvenience recently. We have historically been using Factions http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/factions/, but recently attempted to switch to KFactions http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/kfactions/ as part of the 1.4.5 update. This didn't work so well. While KFactions is nice in principle, it still has a long way to go to compete with the featureset of regular Factions. So, we've switched back to regular Factions. Unfortunately, some of you will have to remake your factions protections. Don't worry, your power and old protections still apply. You will only lose protections if you made them using KFactions (where you had to use blocks to charge your protections.)

tl;dr: go check your faction protections now!!!

Forum bbcode and smiley changes

You Can Make Tables!
use the new "table", "tr" and "td" tags. They work just like HTML.

You can also make
Spoiler: show
ssssssssssssspoilers!
Use the "spoiler" tag.

Finally, I'm working on some new smilies to help motivate my admins to get trained in specific subjects:
:trophyblank: :trophybukkit: :trophypex: :trophymcma: :trophylinux: :trophywe: :trophyvox: :trophyweb: :trophyvideo: :trophymaster:

Let me know if you'd like me to add any fun smilies for you, like Lord English's flashey pool-ball eyes, or upvotes and downvotes. Feel free to reply to this annoucement and spam the new bbcodes :)
See which servers are available at flyingislands.net
Chrisknyfe
God

Return to Archive