Official Flying Islands Server Mod!!

Want to be added to the whitelist? Want to request a ban appeal? Found a glitch in a server feature? Have a good plugin/mod idea? Post these here.

Official Flying Islands Server Mod!!

Postby Unholypimpin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 am

So recently I have been learning java to make minecraft mods. I have learned quite a bit, including how to make new blocks, recipes, biomes, materials, items, smelting, mobs, weapons and armor.

We all know that soon 1.4 will come out and we will be able to put mods into servers very easy. So having a server with a mod on it will basically become standard. Now i know what you are thinking, "why dont we use some other cool already existing mod for the server?" Well my answer to that is if we want to truly be a unique server then we would want to have our very own mod just for our server.
Now i'm willing to help code all of this by myself, but i need some suggestions for stuff to make based on what i have learned.

If anyone is willing to help out with the artwork that would be awesome!

Let the brainstorming begin!!!

Heres some example stuff i have made already

Nether Biome, which has bone spikes that break out of the ground. Bone spikes are made of a new bone block which can be used for crafting or structures.

Glacier Biome, so far doesnt have anything special about it but soon it will have caves and dungeons.
Unholypimpin
God

Re: Official Flying Islands Server Mod!!

Postby Star_Destroyer5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 am

I would like a biome mod that causes glaciers,(Like a river, but extended up way further, and frozen. Like a wall of ice, in river form) to spawn.
another good idea is a crystal caves mod. It will have the same texture as stone, but when hit with light, will light up, and changes the texture(Possibly give it the enchanted aura when lit up). The lit up texture could be color coded depending on the block right next to it. Multiple block types next to a crystal block will cause different colors e.x.: Redstone ore+lapis ore+iron ore= brownish-purple (wool has the same affect, and is easier to use)
Another good idea are naturally generated castles, similar to strongholds, but only found above ground, and in extreme hills edge biomes. There is a 35% chance for a red dragon spawner. Castle always comes with 2 double chests, with almost the same contents as a desert pyramid.
Red dragons can only attack you if they see you if the front of their face is facing towards your general direction. They have a 75% chance of dropping a dragon egg, when put in a furnace for 5 minecraft days(keep it warm!) will spawn one baby red dragon. The baby red dragon eats raw fish, and has a 95% chance to attack any living thing besides the player that put the egg in the furnace (similar to wolves, and ocelots... Besides the obvious factor of attacking everything). Red/Light Blue dragons can not fly unless it came from an egg that you put in a furnace. There is a 25% chance that the red dragon spawner can spawn a blue dragon. The only difference is in the attacks. Dragons can hit you with their claws, almost like an iron golems attack. They also have a short range, and long range attack. Short range is similar to a blazes attack, but causes a bit more damage if hit directly, but still sets fire to the surface that it hit, unless it hit the player. The area of affect to this attack is 3x3 instead of the usual 1x1 fire. The long range attack is almost the same as a ghasts fireball, but causes a smaller explosion, but is more potent in power. It is the opposite to light blue dragons. The short range is a snowball, that freezes water, and puts snow on the ground. It causes slowness for 20 seconds if hit directly, along with 2 hearts of damage. Long range attacks are the same as the red dragon, but causes an explosion that changes the 6x6x6 "circle" of any solid surface to ice, along with water, but if it is in water, the area is magnified to 8x8x8 of ice like this
||| |||||
|||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||
On land ||||||||||||||| In water |||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||
||| |||||

Another biome edit, is adding on to the extreme hills biome to be almost two times higher than the normal extreme hills. e.x. Instead of one of the hills going to Y: 122 It goes to Y: 200
And calling them mega hills.

Another idea that i have had, is another type of mob: ≬≬≬
If you are within 5 blocks of it, it will teleport away, so you cant hit it with a sword. You have to kill it with arrows, or other methods without getting too close. And you can not look directly at it, or it will disappear. They are like slimes in only one aspect, they can spawn in any light level and if you manage to hit it, there is a special place on its face that looks like this ≺Ѫ≻
If you hit that with an arrow, it will be an instant kill, and is the only way to actually kill it. Just hitting the monster with arrows will only slow it down. When you kill it, it opens up a portal for 5 seconds, (the portal is a very distinct silver/golden swirly texture) and takes you to another realm.
The realm is another mod that is almost the same as the flying islands, but has a solid white background. The materials that you can find there naturally are water, lava, obsidian, assorted ores, stone, megalith, and ice
It will be called the ∞ realm, and the only way you can leave is if you find the ditetra, a type of block, that can only be found in the ∞ dungeons.(it can not be crafted) The ditetra has the same GUI as the furnace, and you require one block of iron in the bottom slot, and one block of gold in the top slot, and on the other "finished" slot there will be an option called "Go Back"

Megalith requires an iron pick to mine. It is similar to hieroglyphic sandstone, but is a darker shade of gray, and is used to summon lightning. It does not work in the nether, end, or the ∞ realm. The lightning strikes 5 times every 1 minute in the exact same place. the first piece of the megalith block requires 5 glowstone dust, and 4 megalith dust(same pattern as tnt crafting)(megalith dust is from mining megalith ore with any pick besides (stone and wood (wood and stone picks) dont give any drops from the ore) That is how you get the first piece of megalith. The other pieces can be obtained from(in the place of the glowstone dust) Redstone, iron ingots, gold ingots, slimeballs, blaze powder, diamonds, obsidian, and then ice. Once you have all 9 pieces, you get a crafting table, and it doesnt matter what order they are in. To activate the megalith: blaze rods, similar to coal in a furnace, but takes 5 at a time, and lasts 10 minecraft days.

I hope you liked my ideas :D
Star_Destroyer5
Citizen

Postby Star_Destroyer5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:45 am

The freeze area was messed up while posting. I will provide a picture of what i mean.
Star_Destroyer5
Citizen

Postby Unholypimpin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 am

The mobs will be hard because atm idk how to make custom ai and custom missiles seem to bug out atm. The biomes are definatly doable.
Unholypimpin
God

Postby Star_Destroyer5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:28 pm

When you finish this mod, (If you can just pack it in to one mod) i would like a copy of it, i would like to test it out before making it the official server mod.
Star_Destroyer5
Citizen

Postby Star_Destroyer5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Also another quick edit to the crystal caves: If you can make the glint appear on them when lit up, the color of wool changes the actual glint color. And when you mine the crystal without silk touch, you get crystal dust, and need to smelt it just like cobble.
Star_Destroyer5
Citizen

Postby Star_Destroyer5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Star_Destroyer5 wrote:When you finish this mod, (If you can just pack it in to one mod) i would like a copy of it, i would like to test it out before making it the official server mod.

In 1.4 though. I can not install mods because i fail at installing mods.
Star_Destroyer5
Citizen

Postby Star_Destroyer5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Star_Destroyer5 wrote:The freeze area was messed up while posting. I will provide a picture of what i mean.
A change to this, Instead of both ground and water turning to ice, anything besides water, leaves, any kind of life like the leaves,(not counting solids such as wood, etc.) turn to snow.(All living entities are put to frostbite(frostbite is another type of mod idea that cause half a heart of damage every 10 seconds, and slowness for 2:00) for x:xx amount of time depending on the range, and distance from impact point(just like a creeper explosion)).
Star_Destroyer5
Citizen

Postby Unholypimpin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

1.4 i believe makes installing mods easy
Unholypimpin
God

Postby Unholypimpin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Heres 2 example biomes i made for the mod.

Nether Biome, which has bone spikes that break out of the ground. Bone spikes are made of a new bone block which can be used for crafting or structures.

Glacier Biome, so far doesnt have anything special about it but soon it will have caves and dungeons.
Unholypimpin
God

Next

Return to Requests, Ideas & Bug Reports