[Ideas] Tweaks for the FTB server

Want to be added to the whitelist? Want to request a ban appeal? Found a glitch in a server feature? Have a good plugin/mod idea? Post these here.

[Ideas] Tweaks for the FTB server

Postby Chrisknyfe » Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 am

Some stuff is a little bit OP in FTB. We need to make it more balanced. Here are my current suggestions:

normal text = suggested
bold = applied to server

1. Power armor diamond plating gets nerfed down to 22 (88% damage reduction, on par w/ enchanted diamond)
  2. Power armor energy shield energy usage increased 10x.
  3. Power armor energy generation generates too much when you sprint, so you never lose energy. Cut energy generation in half.
  4. Power armor: max sprint assist decrease to 200%, and increase sprint energy usage by 4x
  5. Power armor: decrease jump assist to 400% from 500%
  6. Power armor: lower speed/distance on gliding by 1/2 (don't see a config for this...)
  7. Power armor: lower max weight from 10kg to 8kg for standard plating for balance with above changes
  8. Grav gun should not be able to pick up any containers. Too easy to walk off with someone's ore chests, or with a mob spanwer for making farms.
  9. It's only the super gravgun that should be able to pick up entities like players and mobs. (not configurable. Instead, I made it so no players can be picked up.)
  10. Portal gun has a secret griefer feature that needs to be disabled immediately.

I'll post more as I think of more. Thoughts?
See which servers are available at flyingislands.net
Chrisknyfe
God

Re: [Ideas] Tweaks for the FTB server

Postby batman15 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Hey chris I agree with most of these and the power suit is op with diamond plating coz I was testing it out my single players, but also at times when people get richer and get diamonds like it coal. The crystal chest should have a limit each player coz of the lag it can cause.
batman15
Citizen

Re: [Ideas] Tweaks for the FTB server

Postby Chrisknyfe » Thu May 23, 2013 5:36 pm

batman15 wrote:Hey chris I agree with most of these and the power suit is op with diamond plating coz I was testing it out my single players, but also at times when people get richer and get diamonds like it coal. The crystal chest should have a limit each player coz of the lag it can cause.

It's not really possible to limit the number of crystal chests per player. Frankly, they lag everyone, so it's unlikely people will use a lot of them at once.
See which servers are available at flyingislands.net
Chrisknyfe
God

Return to Requests, Ideas & Bug Reports